Lavender is one of my favorite essential oils that I use on almost a daily basis, so it’s natural for me to want to share this easy lavender sugar scrub recipe with you. I love lavender essential oil because it is soothing to the skin and helps support relaxation. That’s why I like to include it in many of my DIY bath products.
My favorite skincare product I like to make for myself is sugar scrubs because they keep my skin exfoliated and super smooth. This comes in handy in the summer months when I’m headed to the beach to show off my skin, but it’s also important during the winter months when my skin is dry and flaky. Sugar scrubs will leave your skin super smooth and hydrated any time of year and you won’t believe how easy they are to make. Just measure, mix and pour it in a container. I love easy, don’t you?
I often try different combinations of scents and oils when making sugar scrubs and although you’ll find several different recipes on this blog, this lavender sugar scrub is one I keep coming back to because it really is that good. Check out the recipe below and see if you’ll agree with me!
Ingredients needed to make this Lavender sugar scrub:
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 10-15 drops of Lavender essential oil (or as desired)
- dried lavender buds (optional)
Directions to make this scrub:
- Add white and brown sugars in a bowl and stir together with a spoon.
- Once sugars are mixed well, add the coconut and grapeseed oils and stir.
- Add the Lavender essential oil drop by drop until desired strength of fragrance is reached.
- Add lavender buds if desired. (optional)
- Pour in an airtight container for storage.
Note: You can add more or less sugar and oil to reach the consistency you desire. More sugar will yield a thicker scrub, while more oil will yield a softer scrub.