This post contains affiliate links. Making a purchase through a link in this post will earn me a small commission. Don’t worry, I I only link to products I love. Thank you for your supporting Sparkles of Sunshine! You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Well, it’s officially fall because pumpkin spice everything is everywhere this year. I can’t believe how crazy it has gotten. I even saw pumpkin spice salmon advertised in my local grocery store advertisement this week! Don’t get my wrong, I love pumpkin spice just as much as you probably do, but pumpkin flavored salmon? No, thank you very much.
While we all have pumpkin spice on our brains this fall, it’s important to not forget our four-legged friends. They deserve fall treats, too, after all! We’ll forget the salmon but treat them to a tasty treat made with banana and pumpkin. I’m picky about the treats I feed my pets, so making dog treats for them is the perfect way to know exactly what you’re feeding them. Best of all, this simple recipe only has 4 ingredients. You’ll be finished making this pumpkin banana dog dog treat recipe before Fido wakes up from his afternoon nap. Let me share the easy recipe with you!
Pumpkin Banana Dog Treat Ingredients:
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour plus 1 Tablespoon
- 1-2 Tablespoons water
You will also need a cookie sheet, parchment paper and cookie cutter. This cute bone shaped cookie cutter is perfect for these treats!
How to Make Pumpkin Banana Dog Treats:
1. In a large mixing bowl, mash a very ripe banana with a fork. Add the pumpkin purée, flour and 1 Tablespoon water. Mix well.
2. Dust your workspace with 1 Tablespoon of the whole wheat flour and place the dog biscuit dough on top and knead 8-10 times. You can add 1 Tablespoon of water if the dough is too dry.
3. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
4. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to about 1/4″ thickness. Cut into cute dog bone shapes with your cookie cutter and place on the lined cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
6. Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
You can print out the simple recipe below. I hope your furry friends enjoy these pumpkin banana dog treats as much as mine do!