Hunting for an easy but tasty holiday dessert to make for your holiday party this year? This recipe for Cranberry & Raisin Monkey Bread is definitely your answer! It’s a dessert with a taste to die for that’s super easy to make, too. The best part is that your holiday guests will never have to know how easy it was to make this sweet monkey bread.
What separates this holiday monkey bread recipe from others is that it uses a homemade cranberry sauce to give it that special, made from scratch flavor. You may want to make two of these, because I have a feeling your guests are going to want more than one share! Let me share the simple recipe with you.
Cranberry Sauce Recipe Ingredients:
- ¾ cup of orange juice, pulp free
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 12 oz package of fresh cranberries, rinsed with stems removed
Directions to make Cranberry Sauce:
In a large pan, bring water, orange juice and sugar to a boil. Add in cranberries and cinnamon, continue to boil for 5-7 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Once cranberries have all opened, remove from heat and chill covered for three hours. (Sauce will thicken.)
Cranberry Raisin Monkey Bread Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 cans of 16oz biscuits
- 1/8 cup cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cranberry sauce (see recipe for sauce above)
- ¼ cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Cooking spray
Cranberry & Raisin Monkey Bread Recipe Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon.
- Take dough and separate them. Take each disk, and cut it in half or quarters. Roll the cut dough into balls.
- Gently add a few balls into the sugar mixture, gently rolling in mixture to coat thoroughly. Tap off excess sugar.
- To a lightly greased (use cooking spray) flute baking pan add in a layer of coated sugar balls.
- Add a quarter cup of cranberry sauce, spreading it around. Add in 1/8 cup of raisins, spreading it around too.
- Continue with another layer.
- With the remaining sugar mixture, add butter. Mix together. Pour sauce over the dough.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown.
Not only is this Cranberry & Raisin Monkey Bread tasty, but it’s a beautiful dessert to put on display. The cranberries will add just the right amount of holiday color to your holiday dessert table this year.