I’m always searching for easy recipes I can use during the busy holiday season. I just don’t have the time to hunt for 20 ingredients to make a recipe that takes hours. Instead, I like simple and quick recipes. That’s what inspired today’s recipe for Berries and Cream Holiday Inspired Bruschetta. It’s an appetizer that’s simple to make. Not to mention it looks great on a platter and tastes even better than it looks!
When I think of holiday dishes, I immediately think of cranberries and turkey. Those are usually the staples around our home at both Thanksgiving and Christmas. This recipe for Berries and Cream Holiday Inspired Bruschetta embraces the tastes of cranberries along with another one of my favorites, cream cheese. Garnished with raspberries and basil, this appetizer looks a lot more complicated than it really is. Let’s check out the easy recipe.
Berries and Cream Holiday Inspired Bruschetta Ingredients:
- 1 baguette loaf
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 cup of cranberry sauce, drained of excess sauce
- Pint of fresh raspberries
- Fresh basil, torn to garnish
- Olive oil
This recipe makes about 24-30. If you want your bruschetta extra tasty, use my homemade cranberry sauce recipe in this post.
- Cut the baguette into 1/2 inch slices. Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil. Place in oven to lightly toast. Remove from oven and let cool.
- On each slice of baguette, spread ½ to 1 teaspoon of cream cheese.
- Layer with ½ teaspoon of cranberry sauce. Top with a raspberry and basil for garnish.
Wasn’t that simple enough? The raspberry and basil garnish adds just the right touch to this delicious finger food.
This Berries and Cream Holiday Inspired Bruschetta looks beautiful on display. It may be the extra splash of red you need for your holiday party this year. Will you give it a try? Print out the simple recipe below.