If you’re a Krispy Kreme doughnut fan, then you’re going to want to try these Krispy Kreme Cupcakes. They taste amazing, and I may actually be licking my fingers as I type this. Yep, they’re that good. Read on to get the details so you can make your very own. This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
These pretty Krispy Kreme Cupcakes would be perfect for a Mother’s Day or Spring-themed brunch. Who am I kidding? They’d be great while sitting on the couch watching a movie, lying in bed reading a book, sitting outside staring at the stars…I think you get my point. If you love Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, you’ll love the taste of these cupcakes. All it takes is basic ingredients and a box mix to make these along with some candy decorations to dress them up a bit. You may not even get that far because you’ll be tempted to eat one before the glaze cools…it will be just like the red hot doughnuts sign is on in your very own kitchen!
This recipe yields a dozen Krispy Kreme Cupcakes. Here is what you will need to make this delicious recipe:
- 1 box Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Cake Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Wilton Pink Sugar Sprinkles
- Wilton Icing Decorations in Petal Pink
1. Preheat oven to 375° or 350° for a dark or nonstick cupcake pan.
2. Place cupcake liners into cupcake pans.
3. In a large bowl, add the cake mix, water, oil and eggs.
4. With an electric mixer on low speed, beat for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
5. Pour batter into cupcake liners.
6. Bake 17-22 minutes or until golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
7. Line a large baking sheet with wax paper.
8. Allow the cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to the wax-lined baking sheet.
9. Squeeze the glaze pouch included in the cake mix box at least 10 times. Cut 1/4 inch tip at the corner of the pouch.
10. Drizzle glaze over the warm cupcakes.
11. Before the cupcakes cool completely, sprinkle pink sugar sprinkles on top of the glaze.
12. Place the sugared pink petals on top of each cupcake before the glaze cools to finish them off.
Now you can enjoy your Krispy Kreme Cupcakes! You may want to double the recipe…consider yourself warned. Print out the recipe below and head to the store now to get your ingredients. You’ll be so glad you did!