I use my slow cooker all year long, but once cooler temperatures arrive I tend to use it a lot more often. Maybe it’s because it’s so easy to make comfort foods in the crockpot that warm both the body and soul. One meal I always enjoy making in the cooler months is Four Bean Crockpot Chili. It’s a perfect dish for potlucks, tailgating, family meals, anytime you want to warm up with a tasty bowl of chili.
Four Bean Crockpot Chili Ingredients:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can red small beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes (juice included)
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt (or as desired)
- ¼ teaspoon of black ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 oz of tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- (optional ½ cup of water)
Optional toppings to garnish the Four Bean Crockpot Chili would be sour cream, cheese, avocado and crackers.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Drain grease.
- Place ground beef on the bottom of the crock pot, add vegetables, seasonings, tomatoes, broth, and beans. Gently stir around. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-6 hours.
Note: For a thinner soup, add additional water. Also, there’s a tiny hint of spice with the Poblano peppers so you can omit peppers if there’s no desire for heat. You can also substitute with a green pepper if you wish.
I hope you’ll give this tasty Four Bean Crockpot Chili recipe a try. It’s so easy to make since you basically throw it all together in the crockpot and let it simmer. You’re just hours away from a tasty meal so print out the easy recipe and give it a try today.