Can I tell you a secret? Cheesecake recipes often intimidate me. When I’m looking for new recipes to try and see a beautiful cheesecake pictured, only to find out there’s 10+ ingredients and a zillion steps to make it happen, I give up. As much as I love to cook, I can’t help it…I want EASY recipes. That’s what I love about today’s Easy Gingerbread Cheesecake Dessert recipe. It’s so simple to make and has become a holiday family favorite for us.
The recipe I’m sharing with you today is one of a few cheesecake recipes I’ve grown to love over the years. I discovered this recipe on the back of a gingerbread cookie mix pouch years ago and it’s become a holiday staple for us ever since. With a gingerbread cookie base and an easy no-bake cheesecake topping, it’s so easy to prepare but leaves nothing out when it comes to taste.
Here is what you will need for this recipe:
- 1 pouch of Gingerbread Cookie Mix (plus ingredients listed on package)
- 14 oz can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice
- 8 oz container of Cool Whip
Here is how you make this recipe:
- Mix gingerbread cookie dough as directed on package.
- Press into a greased 13 x 9 pan.
- Bake until done for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Mix sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese and lemon juice until smooth.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread over cooled cookie base and chill for 1 hour before serving.
I typically make my Easy Gingerbread Cheesecake Dessert the day before I plan to serve it, because this dessert is like me and gets better with age. A day in the fridge allows it to set perfectly, then your family can devour it in one sitting. I won’t even judge because I know how truly tasty this dessert is. Print out the recipe below so you can enjoy it this holiday season!