I have a weakness for cupcakes. Don’t get me wrong…I love a slice of cake, too. But cupcakes are my favorite since they’re piled high with my favorite treat of all – icing! This cupcake recipe tops my all time list of favorites since it combines a cupcake with the wonderful flavors of my favorite candy bar, Butterfinger.
These Butterfinger Cupcakes are bursting with chocolate and peanut butter flavors with a touch of crushed Butterfinger candy bars on top. Since I grew up in the eighties, I have to quote Bart Simpson and warn you. You better not lay a finger on my Butterfinger…Butterfinger Cupcakes, that is!
Ingredients for Butterfinger cupcakes:
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 3 C sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 C flour
- 1 C cocoa
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 C buttermilk
- 1 C water
Directions to make cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and fill cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar and cream until mixed.
- Add eggs, beating one at a time.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine the milk and water.
- Add in the dry ingredients, alternating between the wet and dry, beating well after each addition.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way and bake for 21 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
Ingredients for frosting:
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 3 C powder sugar
- 1/2 C Cocoa powder
- 1/4 C chopped Butterfinger candy
- 5 TBS heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
Directions to make frosting:
- Add all ingredients into a standing mixer and bowl mix until combined and stiff peaks form.
- Mix until stiff and doesn’t fall off a spoon.
- Frost cooled cupcakes with chocolate frosting.
- Top cupcakes with the crushed Butterfinger candy.
Print out the tasty recipe below and let me know if this becomes your favorite cupcake recipe, too!