After discovering the health benefits and wonderful flavor of baking with coconut flour, I’ve been busy trying out new recipes. My Coconut Flour Fudgy Brownies were a big hit at home, but my husband enjoyed these Coconut Flour Almond Shortbread Cookies even better!
Coconut flour is gluten-free, rich in fiber, contains healthy fats and is low in carbohydrates, so it’s a healthy choice when choosing a baking flour. The only downside is that it’s not an easy replacement in recipes, so it’s best to use recipes made specifically for baking with coconut flour.
After searching online, I found a recipe for shortbread cookies at The Pink Sprinkle. I couldn’t wait to give them a try! One failed batch and a small adjustment later, I had a simple recipe for healthy, tasty cookies. This recipe is so simple to make, and only require a few natural ingredients. These cookies are oh so good, and I can’t wait to share this recipe with you today!
Here is what you will need for this recipe:
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup Plus 2 Tbs. Butter
- 2 Tbs. Honey
- 1/2 Tsp. Almond Extract
- Mix all ingredients together until blended well into a soft dough.
- Shape dough into balls and place onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Flatten cookies slightly with a fork.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Let cookies cool completely before removing from the pan.
These cookies can be crumbly, so be sure to let them cool completely before moving them off the pan. I know it’s tempting, but if I can do it, so can you! Print out the awesome recipe below. But beware, you may want to double the recipe.