Move over oatmeal! With warmer temps and the carefree feeling of summer, it’s time to shake things up a bit. Let’s turn your bowl of yogurt and berries into something even the kids will find fun to eat. These berry and granola breakfast ice pops are such a fun way to experience breakfast this summer. Packed with the goodness of granola, yogurt and berries, this unique breakfast idea leaves nothing behind when it comes to nutrition. Think of it as a frozen smoothie with a touch of granola on a stick. Feeling intrigued? I thought you might be!
Ingredients needed for this recipe:
- 1 cup of frozen mixed berries (you can use fresh if you’d like)
- 1 cup of vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cups sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup granola
- 8 small Dixie Cups
- 8 small wooden popsicle sticks
- 8 pieces of foil, cut to be slightly larger than the opening of the cup
Note: This recipe uses small Dixie cups to make the ice pops, but feel free to use a popsicle mold if you have one.
- In a food processor, blend the berries.
- Add the yogurt, sugar and honey and blend well.
- Add the granola and blend well again.
- Fill the Dixie cups about 2/3 of the way up.
- Cover with your foil and fold it over the cup.
- Gently insert the sticks about ¾ down into the cup.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.
This recipe for berry & granola breakfast ice pops is a basic one that can be changed according to your taste. Feel free to switch out the yogurt flavors or types of fruit. Here are a few possible variations to get you started:
- sliced bananas and chocolate yogurt
- diced peaches and honey yogurt
- blueberries and strawberry yogurt
What variation will you choose? I hope you enjoy breakfast this summer using this tasty recipe!