Hi friends! I thought I’d spice things up a bit today with a fun sugar scrub recipe. It’s no secret that I love trying out new recipes using natural ingredients along with my favorite essential oils, and today’s recipe is definitely a winner. I made this Citrus Black Pepper Sugar Scrub recently and it has quickly become a new favorite.
So I was in the kitchen the other day experimenting with my recent order of essential oils when I reached into a cabinet to grab something and my eyes landed on black pepper. Hmmm…I remembered a body spray I once had that had black pepper in it so I thought, “Why not?” I grabbed it, got to work and the rest is history. It adds just a little hint of spice to this sugar scrub. The scent is amazing, but I can’t even describe how soft your skin will feel after you use it. You just have to give it a try to find out. Get the easy to make recipe and instructions below. Enjoy!
Ingredients to make Citrus Black Pepper Sugar Scrub:
- 1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 15 drops Grapefruit Essential Oil
- 5 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- Place the Coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted, about 30 seconds.
- Add the Grapeseed oil and sugar and mix well.
- Add essential oils and mix until well blended.
- Add black pepper and stir until mixed evenly.
- Spoon into an airtight container for storage.
There you have it! Simple and easy, just like a like it. And it costs pennies to make, unlike any sugar scrubs you may discover in retail stores. Forget store bought and go homemade today. You won’t regret it!
Have you checked out my other sugar scrub recipes? Here are some you may enjoy:
- Pink Lemonade Sugar Scrub
- Homemade Rosemary Lavender Sugar Scrub
- Homemade Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Easy DIY Rosemary Mint Sugar Scrub
- Energizing Orange Sugar Scrub