As much as we’d like to give everyone special in our lives a gift at Christmas time, it’s not always in our budget. Over the years I’ve learned how to be frugal when it comes to gift giving, which includes making a lot of them. While I’ve enjoyed making big projects that require time a lot of time like sewing, crocheting or knitting, sometimes I just don’t have the time to make them happen.
That’s why I love making sugar scrubs and other homemade beauty products to give away as gifts. Not only are they simple and cheap to make, but you can make a lot of them at once. Today’s recipe for Peppermint Homemade Bath Salts is no exception. You can easily make a big batch of these by multiplying the recipe and knock out a bunch of gifts in just an hour. Did I mention it’s just a fraction of the cost of store bought bath salts?
Peppermint Homemade Bath Salts Ingredients:
- 2 cups of Epsom salt
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 15 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 3 drops red food coloring
- Glass containers of choice (make sure they seal well)
I purchased the test tube glass containers from Michael’s Craft Store. You can also use a small Mason jar or other jar of your choice. Just make sure it’s glass because the essential oil will break down plastic. Now let’s get started.
How to make the bath salts:
- Combine the Epsom salt and baking soda in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the Peppermint Essential Oil and mix well.
- Pour half of the mixture into another small bowl.
- Add the red food coloring to one of the bowls and stir until the color is evenly mixed.
- Add the bath salts to the glass container in layers, pushing the salts down firmly after each addition. Seal the jar tightly for storage.
You can add a gift tag and call it a day, or add it to a gift bag with some peppermint candies. However you decide to gift these peppermint homemade bath salts, they are going to be a great gift for someone in your life.
Leave a Reply