Strawberries, cream cheese and sugar? Yes, please! Perhaps my favorite cupcake combination ever, today’s recipe for strawberry cheesecake cupcakes is simply divine. I really don’t know what else I can say about these tasty cupcakes….you’re just gonna have to make them for yourself and taste the goodness to believe it! Here’s the amazing recipe:
Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcake Ingredients:
- 1/3 C chopped strawberries filling
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted sweet cream butter, room temp
- 2 eggs
- 2 eggs whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pink gel food coloring
- 1 C soft unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 8oz cream cheese softened
- 4 C powder sugar
- 4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 C chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Beat the egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
- Beat butter on high speed until smooth and creamy about one minute.
- Add the sugar beating on high until the butter and sugar are creamed together. (3-4 minutes)
- Beat on medium-high speed while adding in the egg yolk and vanilla.
- Reducing the speed to low begin to add the dry ingredients, next add some of the milk. Alternate with the flour mixture and milk, mix after each addition, and ending with the addition of the flour mixture. Be careful to just blend the ingredients not over beat.
- Using a spatula gently fold in the egg whites, chopped strawberries, and pink food coloring.
- Using a medium ice cream scoop fill the batter into the lined cupcake tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the cupcake pan for about 5 minutes before transferring cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cream the butter, cream cheese, chopped strawberries and powder sugar until it looks light and creamy. If it doesn’t cream add 2 tbs of the heavy whipping cream until it creams. If the consistency is too thin, add in 1/4 C of powder sugar to thicken it.
- Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down. If the frosting stays on the spoon it is ready. If not ,then add more powder sugar 1/2 cup at a time and mix well until consistency is right.
- Scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large tip and frost cupcakes.
I hope you enjoy this tasty recipe for Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes as much as I do. Print out the recipe below and you’ll be one step closer to enjoying the goodness, too. Enjoy!