How does a slice of Lemon Pound Cake sound to you? Recently I had the hankering for something lemon and sweet and decided to bake this best ever Lemon Pound Cake. This cake is so moist, so lemony, so delicious, so easy. Yep, that’s right! It’s easy to make because you use a box cake mix to make it. Don’t worry, I’m sharing the simple recipe with you today so you can enjoy it, too!
This recipe has been in my family for years. It was passed down to me by my grandmother, but the credit goes to my Great Aunt Fannie. It is her recipe and my family has definitely made good use of it over the years. You use a regular box cake mix, but add a few flavorful ingredients that make this cake so dreamy and good. Check out the recipe below!
Ingredients for Lemon Pound Cake:
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Small Package Lemon Jello Mix
- 2/3 cup Water
- 2/3 cup Oil
- 1/2 tsp Almond Flavoring
- 1 tsp Lemon Flavoring
- 4 Eggs
- Bundt Pan
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
Cake Recipe Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place water in a small microwaveable bowl and heat in the microwave for two minutes. Remove and add the package of lemon jello mix and stir until dissolved.
- Add all remaining ingredients to a mixing bowl along with the dissolved jello. Mix together for two minutes.
- Pour batter into the bundt pan and bake until well done, 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool.
Ingredients for the Lemon Glaze:
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 T Lemon Juice
Lemon Glaze Recipe Instructions:
- Combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl and stir until well combined. Pour the glaze over the cake and let it drip down the sides.
Doesn’t that slice of Lemon Pound Cake look amazing? Trust me…it IS! Print out the easy recipe for the best ever Lemon Pound Cake below and give it a try today.