If you love malted milk balls, then today’s recipe for malted milk brownes will become your new favorite brownie recipe. It’s all that you love about a chocolate malt milkshake, wrapped up in a brownie. With a brownie layer, malted milk frosting layer topped with crushed malted milk balls, this recipe will take your taste buds for a spin!
I know that the new year will be ushered in soon, accompanied by promises and resolutions to eat healthy, exercise and lose weight. I guess that’s why I’m sharing this delicious recipe with you today, so you’ll have time to make these malted milk brownies and enjoy them before the new year gets here! I took my favorite homemade brownie recipe and topped it with layers of malted milk frosting and crushed malted milk balls. The result? Simply divine. Let me share the easy recipe with you today.
- 1 1/2 cup self rising flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of oil
Malted Milk Layer:
- 3/4 cup Malted Milk powder
- 3 T. milk
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 T. softened margarine
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups crushed malted milk balls
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with tin foil.
- Mix flour, sugar and cocoa together.
- Add egg and oil and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake the brownies in a 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes until the center of the brownies is set.
- Stir malted milk powder, milk and vanilla together in a small bowl until well blended.
- Stir in margarine and powdered sugar and mix well.
- Spread mixture over completely cooled brownie layer.
- Top with crushed malted milk balls and let set.
I will warn you that these brownies are super rich and packed with flavor, but that didn’t stop me and my hubby from enjoying a couple of these as soon as the frosting was set. I think we’ve found our new family favorite brownie recipe. I hope you’ll enjoy them as much as we did. Print out the easy recipe below and head to the kitchen to find out!