Have you ever made a poke cake? Do you even know what a poke cake is? I had never heard of one until this past year when I discovered a recipe online for a cake with the appropriate title Better Than Anything Cake. I must say that it lived up to its name! It was an excellent cake, full of chocolate and caramel flavors with Cool Whip and crumbled Heath Bars on top. Not only did the cake taste great, but it was surprisingly simple to make. I always enjoy changing up recipes, so I made a few changes and came up with my own variation of this flavorful cake. Today I’m sharing with you how I made this Chocolate Chip Poke Cake!
- 1 container of Cool Whip Topping
- 8 oz. jar of Hot Fudge Sauce
- 1 cup of Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 box of White Cake Mix and necessary ingredients
This cake really is simple to make, but it tastes oh so good! All you have to do is bake a cake, poke holes in it, pour sauce in the holes and add topping. Well, I may have left out a couple of steps, so here are all of the details on how to make this awesome Chocolate Chip Poke Cake:
- Prepare the cake mix following the instructions on the box and bake in a 9X13 pan.
- While the cake is still warm, poke holes in the cake using the end of a wooden spoon.
- Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over the entire cake, making sure it soaks into the holes.
- Warm the hot fudge sauce in the microwave for 30 seconds, then pour over the cake, making sure it soaks into the holes.
- Once the cake cools, spread the container of Cool Whip on top.
- Garnish the cake with chocolate chips.
Now all that’s left to do is enjoy a piece. I hope you enjoy this Chocolate Chip Poke Cake recipe as much as I do!Shared with: On Display Thursday, Think and Make Thursday, Thursday Favorite Things, Your Turn to Shine, The Creative Exchange, Home Matters, The Pin Junkie Link Party, Craft Frenzy Friday, Inspiration Spotlight