While others think of pumpkin spice everything once fall rolls around, I start thinking about all things apple spice. In fact, I’ve already made apple butter in my Crockpot and we’re only a few days into the fall season. After putting apple butter on biscuits and in my oatmeal, I decided it was time to give something else a try. These Apple Spice Oatmeal Cookies were the perfect solution! I don’t think a cookie could get much better than oatmeal and apple combined combined with the taste of cinnamon and sugar.
Ingredients for Apple Spice Oatmeal Cookies:
- 1 ½ C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 C brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 C white sugar
- 1/4 C unsalted butter, room temp
- 3/4 C apple butter
- 1 egg, room temp
- 2 TBSP whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 C Quaker Oats
- Prepare oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat both sugars with the butter until well blended and creamy.
- Add the apple butter, egg, milk and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Gradually add the bowl of dry ingredients to the mixture and beat until well blended.
- Now add the oats a little at a time and mix until all ingredients are well blended.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, drop the cookie dough on the lined cookie sheets. Press slightly with a fork to flatten.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies turn slightly browned.
- Allow the cookie to cool on the cookie sheet briefly then transfer to a wire rack until completely cooled.
These apple spice oatmeal cookies are the perfect treat to enjoy with a warm cup of apple cider on crisp evenings this fall season. Print out the recipe below and give it a try today. Enjoy!