One of my favorite ways to relax is with a spa-like experience right at home. The best way to achieve this? With an easy DIY Candy Cane Sugar Scrub. With a few ingredients from your pantry and some essential oil you can make a skin smoothing sugar scrub for a fraction of the cost of going to the spa.
All it takes is a few minutes to make. I love the smell of peppermint during the holidays (any time of year, really) and it lifts my spirits. Now you can enjoy it, too. But don’t keep all the relaxation to yourself…make some for gifts this holiday season. It’s a thrifty gift idea and everyone loves handmade gifts!
Candy Cane Sugar Scrub Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 cups of Cane Sugar
- 1 cup of Coconut Oil
- 20 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- 5-10 drops of red food coloring
- Airtight container
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave until melted (about 30 seconds).
- Add the sugar and mix well until you reach the desired consistency. If the scrub is too oily for your taste you can add more sugar. Add more oil if you think it’s too dry. I love that you can easily customize it to your liking.
- Add the peppermint essential oil and mix well.
- Divide the sugar mixture in half in two separate bowls. Add red food coloring to one bowl, 5-10 drops to reach your desired coloring.
- Layer the white and red sugar scrub layers in an airtight container, pressing the mixture down to pack firmly after each layer.
Want to relax during the holiday season this year? Start by making this easy Candy Cane Sugar Scrub! You can add some crushed candy canes to the sugar scrub if you’d like. This would make it that much more festive! Like to make sugar scrubs? Be sure to check out some of my other easy recipes, too!