What do you know about Frankincense essential oil? Many of us know from reading The Bible that Frankincense was one of the gifts the three wise men gave baby Jesus, but for most of us our knowledge stops there. I didn’t even know how to use this powerful oil when I received in my Young Living Starter Kit so for the longest time the bottle sat untouched. Then after doing some research I was amazed at the many uses for it and it’s now one of my favorites that I use daily. Now I’m sharing some of the most common uses for Frankincense essential oil so you can put your bottle to use, too!
Uses for Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense Oil Around the House
- Frankincense is a often used for deodorizing and purifying the air. Get rid of musty or stale odors in the home by diffusing a few drops of Frankincense Essential Oil.
Frankincense Oil for the Body
- Frankincense Essential Oil is your new secret weapon to fight the signs of aging on your skin. Reduce the appearance of wrinkles by combining frankincense oil with your favorite carrier oil in a 50/50 solution and applying to skin nightly, or add a drop to your favorite facial lotion or cream.
- Reduce pain and swelling from insect bites with a drop of Frankincense oil applied to the bite.
- Support a healthy immune system by rubbing a couple drops of Frankincense oil to the bottoms of your feet nightly.
- Frankincense oil has been known to help reduce the appearance of scarring from wounds, acne, stretch marks and other skin issues. Add a few drops to lotion and massage into the skin.
- Have trouble getting to sleep at night? Diffuse frankincense oil at night to support a good night’s sleep.
- Apply a drop of Frankincense oil to itchy skin for relief.
- Frankincense oil helps ease the symptoms of muscle and joint pain. Massage a few drops of oil directly to the area or add a few drops to your favorite salve before applying to the skin.
- Battle bad breath odor with a homemade toothpaste made of Frankincense oil, baking soda and coconut oil.
Frankincense Oil for the Mind
- The scent of Frankincense oil promotes a sense of relaxation and well-being. Rub a couple of drops of oil on the temples or add a few drops to a hot bath and feel the stress and tension melt away.
- Frankincense oil is a great mood enhancer. Boost your mood by applying a few drops to the back of neck.
- Frankincense was one of the ingredients used to make the holy incense in The Bible. You can enhance times of prayer or meditation by diffusing 5-6 drops of Frankincense oil.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.