Lemon Essential Oil is one of the most versatile oils out there, which naturally makes it one of the most popular ones. It’s strong, fresh citrus scent is uplifting and refreshing, making it a common ingredient to household cleaners. Lemon Oil is very beneficial to the body since it’s loaded with the powerful antioxidant limonene. But how should you use it??? Today I’m sharing some common uses for Lemon Essential Oil so you can get the most out of your bottle.
Uses for Lemon Essential Oil
Natural Lemon Oil Cleansers
- Create your own toilet cleaner easily by adding a few drops of Lemon Oil to the toilet bowl along with baking soda. Use a toilet brush to scrub the bowl clean.
- Lemon Oil makes a great surface cleanser and sanitizer. Add 2-3 drops of Lemon Oil to a small spray bottle filled with water. Shake the bottle slightly before spraying surfaces and wiping them clean with a sponge.
- Remove sticky residues left behind by stickers, gum and other sticky items with a drop or two of Lemon Oil.
- Polish wood furniture naturally by mixing a few drops of Lemon Oil with a few teaspoons of olive oil.
Lemon Oil Around the House
- Musty or stinky clothes? It’s easy to freshen up the laundry. Just add a couple drops of Lemon Oil to the washer and wash as usual.
- Extend the life of fruit by adding 3 drops of Lemon Oil to a sink filled with water. Soak fruit for 15 minutes, rinse and dry before storing.
- Eliminate trashcan odors easily by adding a couple drops of Lemon Oil to a cotton ball and dropping it into the can before adding the trash bag.
Lemon Oil for the Body
- Place a drop on oily skin to help balance oil glands and minimize oil production.
- Soften feet by massaging two drops of Lemon Oil to calluses on feet twice a day.
- Diffuse Lemon Oil in the air to refresh the body, mind and soul.
- Want whiter teeth? Mix a drop of Lemon Oil, a teaspoon of coconut oil and a teaspoon of baking soda together and brush on teeth with a toothbrush for an all natural tooth whitener.
- Brighten up a dull complexion by adding a drop of Lemon Oil to your daily moisturizer. Make sure you are wearing sunscreen due to photo-sensitivity.
- Use in a body sugar scrub for your body. Try this recipe for a Pink Lemonade Sugar Scrub.
- Add a drop of Lemon Oil to a glass of water or smoothie for a refreshing taste. ( I use the Young Living Vitality line for this)
These are just some of the uses for Lemon Essential Oil. What uses would you add to this list?
*These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.