There’s nothing better than a bowl of tasty soup to warm your body and soul on a cold day. Especially if it’s served in a delicious bread bowl. Oh, did I mention that this recipe for Turkey Sausage & Kale Soup is a simple recipe you cook in your Crockpot or slow cooker? It’s also a healthy soup recipe since it’s made with turkey sausage and kale. Yes, I really don’t think it gets much better than that. Have I convinced you to give this soup a try yet? Let me share the easy recipe with you so you can make up your mind for yourself.
Turkey Sausage & Kale Soup Bread Bowls Ingredients:
- 2 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Bunch of green onion, chopped
- 2 TBSP red pepper flakes
- 1 Package of turkey sausage, thinly sliced
- 2 Cans of chicken broth
- 1 C cooked brown rice
- 1 Bunch of fresh kale, chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 TBSP Old Bay Seasoning
- Fresh basil, chopped
- 4 Round bread loafs
- Put slow cooker on high temperature.
- Pour olive oil into the slow cooker and add the chopped green onions, red pepper flakes, and sliced turkey sausage.
- Slowly add the chicken broth, stirring as you pour it into your slow cooker to mix ingredients.
- Add cooked brown rice and stir in the Old Bay Seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Cook on high heat for 3-4 hours.
- Taste test for the seasoning, adding more if necessary according to your taste.
- Add kale to the slow cooker and stir until wilted.
- Add to bread bowls and serve immediately.
Bread Bowl Directions:
- Using a sharp knife, cut a circle in the top of each bread loaf. Leave a 1 inch border all around.
- Remove the top of the loaf, then hollow out the middle with a fork or your fingers. Make sure you leave a thick bread shell that will hold the soup.
- Spoon the soup into each bread bowl and garnish with basil before serving immediately.
Print out the delicious recipe below!