When I first discovered a recipe making cupcake appetizers with wonton wrappers, I was amazed not only at how tasty they were, but also at how simple they were to make. Since then I’ve changed up the recipe to create many of my own combinations of meats and cheeses. Today I’m sharing one of my favorites, a recipe for Prosciutto & Ricotta Wonton Cupcakes.
These Prosciutto & Ricotta Wonton Cupcakes take only minutes to prepare and are a great appetizer for dinners and parties. You don’t host parties often? Don’t worry, you can even eat them as a meal if you’d like. They are great paired with a side salad for a light lunch…my husband and I have done this!
Here are the ingredients you will need to make Prosciutto & Ricotta Wonton Cupcakes:
- 24 Wonton Wrappers
- 8 oz. Ricotta Cheese
- 1 package sliced Prosciutto
- 4 oz Shredded Cheese of your choice
- Spray a cupcake/muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place a wonton wrapper into each cup and press it down.
- Place 1/2 slice of Prosciutto into each cup.
- Add 1 spoonful of Ricotta cheese to each cup.
- Add another Wonton wrapper to each cup, pressing it down slightly.
- Top with a layer of cheese of your choice. (I used shredded Velveeta since I had it on hand)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then remove from pan and enjoy.
I hope you’ll give this easy recipe a try. Not a fan of Ricotta cheese? Replace it with Pepperjack cheese. Don’t like prosciutto? Ham, chicken or pepperoni make great substitutes. Add a teaspoon of sauce to the bottom layer if you’d like…maybe Ranch or Caesar dressing, or Buffalo sauce? Experiment with different combinations to make your own, unique wonton cupcakes.
You know these wonton cupcakes don’t just make great appetizers, but they also make great lunch or snack for kids. Let the kids help make their own snacks by adding their own desired ingredients for a fun afternoon activity. You can print out the easy recipe below to get started!