Want to dress up your Memorial Day or July 4th party table with some red, white and blue? I think these Patriotic Brownie Bites might do the trick!
With Memorial Day and July 4th on the horizon I thought you might like a recipe that showcases a little pride in the USA. These Patriotic Brownie Bites are the perfect finger food for all those upcoming summertime parties you’ll be hosting and attending. Tasty and beautiful at the same time, they’re almost too pretty to eat….but not quite. Let me tell you how to make these patriotic treats.
INGREDIENTS FOR BROWNIES
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon Hershey’s dark cocoa
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
DIRECTIONS FOR BROWNIES
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line mini muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
2. In a small mixing bowl, add the flour and cocoa powder. Whisk to blend well and set side.
3. In a double boiler, melt the butter and mini chocolate chips until smooth and shiny. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, sugar, extract and salt. Whisk together for 1 minute to incorporate.
5. Add the melted chocolate mixture and stir well to combine.
6. Add the flour mixture and stir well until fully mixed.
7. Spoon the brownie batter into the muffin cups about 2/3 full. Do not fill up to the top since the batter expands when cooking.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
9. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to complete the cooling process.
INGREDIENTS TO DECORATE BROWNIES
- 24 maraschino cherries with stems
- Betty Crocker vanilla cookie icing in a squeeze pouch
- 1/4 cup Wilton Royal blue chocolate melts
- 1/4 cup Wilton light blue chocolate melts
- Red, white and blue sprinkles (jimmies and nonpareils)
DIRECTIONS TO DECORATE BROWNIES
1. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and set aside.
1. Pour the cherries into a strainer to remove excess juice. Transfer to a bowl and chill for 5 minutes (this will help the chocolate to harden almost immediately).
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the royal blue chocolate melts for 45 seconds. Stir until completely melted.
3. Dip 12 of the chilled cherries into the melted chocolate and immediately sprinkle with the red, white and blue jimmies after each dip. Place on the cookie sheet to harden.
4. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the light blue chocolate melts for 45 seconds. Stir until completely melted.
5. Dip the remaining cherries into the melted light blue chocolate
6. Immediately sprinkle with the red, white and blue nonpareil’s. Place on the cookie sheet to harden for 5 minutes.
7. Once the chocolate on the cherries have hardened, pipe about 1/2 tablespoon of cookie icing on top of each brownie bite. Place the decorated cherries on top of the icing.
8. Let the cookie icing harden for about 10 minutes before serving.