We all want kissable lips, don’t we? A great way to achieve soft, smooth lips is with a cherry limeade lip scrub. Sound enticing? It should! This lip scrub is not only an easy DIY project that tastes great, but it also doesn’t have any harmful chemicals in it. Have I sold you on giving this lip scrub a try yet?
Lip scrubs gently exfoliate to remove dead skin leaving super soft, hydrated lips behind, and I love the way my lips feel after I use one. Forget store bought lip scrubs with ingredients you don’t know or can’t pronounce, because you can make your very own cherry limeade lip scrub at home in just minutes for just pennies. Not only is it cheaper to make your own lip scrub, but all the ingredients in this cherry limeade lip scrub are natural so you can feel good about using it. Check out the easy recipe below and give it a try today.
Ingredients you need to make this lip scrub:
- 6 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cherry extract
- 5 drops lime essential oil
- 2 drops Vitamin E oil
- Optional: 1 drop green food coloring
Note: This recipe will make enough cherry limeade lip scrub to fill two small lip balm containers.
Directions to make Cherry Limeade Lip Scrub:
- In a small mixing bowl, add the sugar and olive oil. Stir well until blended.
- Add the cherry flavoring, lime essential oil and Vitamin E drops. Mix well.
- The cherry flavoring gives the lip scrub a light pink color. If you prefer a green tint, add one drop of green food coloring and mix well. This is optional.
- Transfer to an airtight container(s) and store up to 3 months.
How to use this lip scrub:
- Wet lips with warm water and apply the cherry limeade lip scrub generously.
- Gently massage in a circular motion to allow the sugar granules to exfoliate any dry or dead skin and the olive oil to moisturize.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry with wash cloth.
- Apply your favorite lip balm or moisturizer.
Other posts you may enjoy: