Want a refreshing smoothie recipe that will help you beat the heat this summer? This cantaloupe smoothie easy recipe is simple to make, but is packed with flavor you’ll likely get addicted to. It also will provide you with a perfect healthy treat on those hot summer days ahead of us! This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Ever since I started the Beachbody 21 Day Fix program earlier this year, I’ve been searching for healthier ways to fuel my body. As much as I love sharing tasty treats like cupcakes and brownies on the blog, I thought I’d switch it up a bit and give you a healthy recipe to give a try. I hope you’re game! First, I thought I’d share a few facts with you about cantaloupes, just in case you didn’t know them.
- Cantaloupes belong to the same family as pumpkins, gourds and melons.
- To determine if a cantaloupe is ripe, look for one that is heavy and not hollow. If the rind feels spongy, it’s too ripe.
- Cantaloupes often carry harmful bacteria like salmonella on their rinds, so be sure to scrub your cantaloupe clean before cutting it to prevent contaminating the inside.
With summer rapidly approaching, the glorious melon season will soon be here. There’s nothing like sitting on my back patio sipping a cantaloupe smoothie on a hot summer day. Now you can, too, with this super simple recipe!
- 2 cups cantaloupe (about 1/2 of a large cantaloupe)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 cup ice
1. Add all of the ingredients into a blender and blend on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
2. Pour into serving glass and ENJOY!!
It doesn’t get much easier than this to make a cantaloupe smoothie for a healthy breakfast or daytime snack. It may not be a traditional smoothie, but it just may become your new favorite smoothie. Here’s to a refreshing, fun summer ahead!