Hi, friends! I’m so glad you joined me today because I’m sharing a special gift I made especially for you…a free printable! I can’t wait to give it to you, but I have a few things I’d like to share with you first.What are you up to today? Since today’s Good Friday, I’m taking it a little easy today. On a day when many are contemplating the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, how about we spend a little time counting the blessings in our lives? Focusing on our blessings not only glorifies God, but it also provides us with a positive perspective of our lives. We can choose to live happier lives by focusing on our blessings and maintaining a spirit of gratitude. Do you want to give it a try? OK, but I’ll go first. I hope you don’t mind me sharing my blessings with you today…because you may even be on the list!
- I am thankful for God’s grace and forgiveness. What better time than at Easter to remember the sacrifice of Jesus Christ? I am so thankful for the day I accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of my life and received the promise of forgiven sins and an eternal life with Him.
- I am thankful for my family and friends. I am blessed to have a family that loves me with no strings attached. I am also blessed to have friends that don’t have to love me, but choose to do so anyway!
- I am thankful for my health. I may be suffering from seasonal allergies at this very moment, but that is nothing in comparison to the illnesses many others are experiencing at this very moment. It is truly a blessing just to wake up each day!
- I am thankful for my church and small group. We have met some really great people through our church, and are blessed to have a pastor that listens to God and follows His direction. When both couples from our small group moved away we were left with no one in our group. It’s taken some time, but thanks to our church opening a new satellite church in our town, we now have new members! We are enjoying getting to know them more so we can support each other through this journey in life.
- I am thankful for God’s provision in my life. When I quit my job last year, I was unsure of how our lives would adjust to living on one income. God has definitely provided our every need, and as we continue to focus on his blessings and not material wealth, we realize just how rich we really are!
- I am thankful for this blog…and you! Since I started this blog last year, I’ve acquired some awesome new friends. I feel so blessed that you stop by each week to read what I have to say and take a look at my projects. Without you, I wouldn’t be writing these words right now, so thank you…from the bottom of my heart!
That leads me to your free gift! I designed this free printable for you with a Bible verse in mind.
“Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” Revelations 21:5 NKJV
Don’t you just love that verse? Even though this verse is referring to the future new heaven and earth, it still reminds me that God makes all things new. That includes me and you! When we accept Jesus Christ as our savior, we are born again and all our past sins and mistakes are forgotten. Praise God! Every Spring I’m reminded of this as I watch the trees, flowers and bushes come to life again. Jesus Christ came so that we could be brought to life again, too! I am so glad He has made me new…how about you?
Alright, now that I’ve shared my blessings with you, it’s your turn! What blessings are you thankful for today??? I hope you have a blessed Easter weekend!
*Note: The watercolor clip art I used to make this free printable is compliments of Angie Makes. She does beautiful work and has other clip art available for personal use, so be sure to stop by and pay her a visit!