I was recently nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award by the amazing Jess over at Live Randomly Simple. One of the great things about blogging is the wonderful world of blogger friends you discover, and I am so glad to have Jess as one of them. I admire her creativity and love reading her tutorials on all the great craft and DIY projects she tackles. Today you’re going to get to know me a little better, but I urge you to stop by and learn more about Jess, too!
Here are the Rules for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award:
1. Link to the person who nominated you.
2. Add the award logo.
3. Answer the questions your nominator has asked.
4. Nominate 7 other blogs and let them know via comments.
5. Ask your nominees 10 questions.
Here are my answers to Jessica’s questions:
1. Coffee or Tea?
As much as I love a good cup of coffee, Iced Tea is my favorite. I’m from the South, after all!
2. What is the most memorable place you have ever visited?
The most memorable place I’ve ever visited was Mount Rushmore. It really is an amazing sight to behold, but that’s not what makes it most memorable to me. What I remember most about it is acquiring a stomach virus the night we arrived at Rapid City. I guess that’s a befitting name since I spent my time there making rapid trips to the bathroom to throw up. I have never been so sick in my life! I spent two days recovering from it in the hotel. The last day there we made the trip to see Mount Rushmore and were only able to spend about an hour there before heading back home. Ugh!
3. What is the most important thing you have learned about blogging?
It is really hard work. It’s not until you start a blog that you find out just how much time and effort you must put into it. Between coming up with post ideas, making projects, taking/editing pictures, writing your post, then promoting on all social media channels, my days are packed! But once you get the blogging bug, you’re hooked. I love it!
4. Would you rather…walk on the beach or hike in the mountains?
I am a beach bum. I love slathering on my sunscreen and basking in the sun. I can’t wait for warmer weather so I can get back to the beach!
5. If you could spend the day alone, what would you do or where would you go?
Did you read my answer to question number 3? I’d be busy catching up on blogging, of course! 🙂
6. Name one “off the wall” thing about yourself.
I love to eat a good salad, Ceasar is my favorite, but I never, ever eat lettuce on a sandwich or burger. I can’t stand it!
7. What is one thing you love about your town?
I love that the town I live in is only an hour drive from my parents. After living far away for a time period, I discovered what a blessing it is to live close to family!
8. What is one thing you want to accomplish by Jan 1st 2016?
I want to finish the Elite Blogging Academy course. There is so much information to learn and I’ve been taking my time with it, but I’m ready to get through it all so I can be a blogging expert!
9. What is your favorite indulgence?
I have a big sweet tooth, so anything with sugar will work for me!
10. If you could be a superhero, what would your super power be?
My super power would be the ability to read minds. I’ve always wanted to know what my husband is really thinking when he says he’s thinking of nothing. With my super power I’d finally know the truth! 🙂
Here are my 7 blogger nominations:
Christine from So Domestically Challenged
Sarah from Sarah Celebrates
Erlene from My Pinterventures
Amanda from The Kolb Corner
Lorelai from Life With Lorelai
Joy from Joy Love Food
Jenny from Renovar Design
Here are my 10 questions for my nominees:
1. What made you decide to start blogging?
2. How would your friends describe you?
3. If you could be any animal, which one would it be and why?
4. What is your favorite post you’ve done so far?
5. What has been your greatest accomplishment so far in life?
6. Describe what the perfect day would be for you.
7. What is your favorite quote/saying?
8. What blogs do you enjoy following?
9. If you had to choose one meal to eat every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
10. What is your favorite past time?
Thanks again to Jess for nominating me for this award. I can’t wait to hear my nominee’s answers to my questions!