So, you’re not a broccoli fan? Well, today’s recipe just might win you over to the beautiful world of broccoli. With fresh broccoli, bacon, raisins and a dressing to die for, what’s not to love about this Fresh Broccoli Salad? You get the goodness and health benefits of broccoli backed with some delicious flavors to really bring this recipe to life.
Nobody ever said eating broccoli had to be boring. With this recipe for Fresh Broccoli Salad, it certainly is not boring. When I first discovered my love of eating broccoli years ago, I ate it plain. Yes, steamed with just a little bit of seasoning. As time went on, though, I realized there are many different ways to enjoy this healthy food. Of course it isn’t as healthy when it’s smothered in melted cheese or a mayo dressing, but it sure does taste better, doesn’t it? Let me share the tasty recipe with you so you can see what you think.
Ingredients to make Fresh Broccoli Salad:
- 7 cups fresh broccoli, rinsed and chopped
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 8 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 red onion, thinly chopped
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of paprika
- In a bowl whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and paprika to make the dressing.
- In a large bowl add in the broccoli, raisins, bacon and red onions.
- Pour dressing over the broccoli salad, mixing gently to cover entire salad. (You can use a large bowl with a lid to shake the dressing around in as well.)
- Refrigerate 1-24 hours before serving to allow flavors to maximize.
- Serve cool.
This recipe for Fresh Broccoli Salad makes the perfect side dish for a potluck at church or an afternoon picnic with family and friends. You can lighten up the recipe easily by substituting turkey bacon and light mayo. Buy pre-cooked bacon and you’ll be able to whip up this tasty salad in just minutes.