Since I still consider myself a beginner when it comes to sewing, I like simple projects. Today’s easy sew Easter bunny project fits the bill, and it’s the perfect addition to the Easter baskets you’ll be making this year. It’s also a great way to use up those fabric scraps or fat quarters you’ve had laying around for months. It’s a very quick project so you can make a whole basket of bunnies if you want in just one afternoon. You know, bunnies have the tendency to multiply after all!
This easy sew Easter bunny is a super quick project, uses a small amount of fabric, can be customized with any type/style of fabric and doesn’t require a lot of sewing skills. Does that sound enticing to you? I thought it would! So why don’t you trade out your store bought bunny for a special, one-of-a-kind handmade Easter bunny to add to gift baskets this year? Today I’m sharing how easy it is to make, and even giving you the free template so you can make one yourself. Let’s get started!
Materials needed to make an Easy Sew Easter Bunny:
- Fabric Scraps
- Bunny Template (Print the FREE Bunny Template Here)
- Polyester stuffing
- Sewing Machine
- Coordinating Thread
- Sewing Needle
- Thin Ribbon
- Fold fabric over with right sides facing. Place the bunny template on top of the fabric and trace around it, adding an extra 1/4 inch for the seams.
- Use scissors to cut out the fabric bunny. Cut through both pieces of fabric at once so that your edges will line up perfectly.
- With right sides facing, stitch around the bunny starting at the bottom and leaving 1/2 inch opening.
- Turn bunny right side out.
- Stuff the bunny with polyester stuffing.
- Use sewing needle and thread to sew up the opening.
- Tie a piece a ribbon around the bunny’s neck and call it a day!
These bunnies are just so colorful and cute, aren’t they? I immediately fell in love with them and can’t wait to give them away to the little ones in my life. Nothing says, “Happy Easter!” like a handmade gift if you ask me. Why not give this Easy Sew Easter Bunny a try and surprise someone you love with a special homemade gift this year?