The weather is warmer, my sleeves are shorter, and I’m finally brave enough to wear my capris outside! Yes, days here in North Carolina right now may start and end cool, but the hours between are packed with beautiful sunlight making me crave summer that much more. I can’t wait to make my first trip to the beach this year, and nothing tastes as good as a cool pink lemonade when you’re basking in the sun. That’s what inspired today’s recipe for a fabulous Pink Lemonade Sugar Scrub guaranteed to get your skin smooth and your senses uplifted!
I use sugar scrubs in the winter to keep my skin smooth and moisturized, but it’s also important to use sugar scrubs in the summer time, too. We tend to slather our bodies in lotions, oils and sunscreen in the summer months, making regular exfoliation vital to keeping our pores clear to prevent irritation. Just be sure to use extra sunscreen to protect the new, beautiful skin left behind since freshly exfoliated skin can be susceptible to burning. Do you want to know my favorite time to exfoliate? I like to use my sugar scrub to exfoliate my legs before I shave, which results in a closer shave and much smoother legs. Perfect just before a trip to the beach!
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Lemon Essential Oil
- Red Food Coloring
- Place the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted, about 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add the Lemonade essential oil and mix well.
- Add a drop of red food coloring and mix well until the color is uniform. It should appear pink.
- Pour into an air-tight container.
Check out the recipe for this Pink Lemonade Sugar Scrub below. The scent of this scrub will energize and uplift your mood, and the ingredients will leave your skin smooth and moisturized. Be sure to stick around and check out my other sugar scrub recipes, too!
- Homemade Rosemary Lavender Sugar Scrub
- Homemade Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Easy DIY Rosemary Mint Sugar Scrub