Making these Pesto & Chicken Stuffed Shells is actually easier than it looks. All it requires is cooking the pasta shells, mixing the remaining ingredients together, and spooning the mixture into the shells before baking. It really is that simple!
This recipe will actually make a full box of stuffed shells, which averages about 40 shells. This works out great for me, because these Pesto & Chicken Stuffed Shells are perfect for the freezer. I place the shells in a foil freezer container, top with additional shredded cheese, then label and stick in my freezer for cooking later. The only adjustment needed is to increase the temperature when cooking. I get to enjoy an amazing dinner later, with a lot less work!
I have served this dinner to guests before, and it’s always well received. I usually serve with a salad and bread. It is pictured here with Italian-style broccoli and pepperoni bread.
Just look at that cheesy goodness! It makes me want to run to my freezer and pull out a container of these and cook them right now! Are you ready to give these Pesto & Chicken Stuffed Shells a try? If so, check out the amazing recipe below.
- 2 cups of shredded chicken
- 1 box of jumbo shells pasta (1 pound box)
- 1 pound of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup of Pesto sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- Extra shredded cheese for garnishment
- Cook the jumbo shell pasta according to the instructions on the package. Let the pasta shells cool before handling.
- Melt the cream cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add the shredded chicken, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, Pesto sauce and garlic powder and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the jumbo shells and place in a baking dish. Top with additional shredded cheese.
- Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake until the cheese is bubbly, about 5 min.
- If cooking from frozen, increase the temperature to 375 degrees and follow the same baking instructions from above.