Welcome to Frugal Gift Friday, a day dedicated to sharing simple, thrifty gifts you can make this holiday season. You’re going to have to head to the kitchen to make today’s Frugal Gift Friday gift, because that’s where you’ll find the ingredients for this homemade peppermint sugar scrub.
This gift is perfect for the ladies on your Christmas gift list, because who doesn’t love a great sugar scrub to keep their skin soft during the winter months? This homemade peppermint sugar scrub is perfect for the holidays! It’s quick and easy to make, so it’s great for those last minute gifts!
Here are the ingredients you will need for this awesome Peppermint Sugar Scrub:
- 2 cups of Cane Sugar
- 1 cup of Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Peppermint Essential Oil
First, melt the coconut oil in the microwave for about 30 seconds so it liquefies. Next, add the sugar and mix well until you reach the desired consistency. If the scrub is too oily, just add more sugar. If it’s too dry, add more oil. Add the peppermint essential oil and mix well. That’s all! Just pour into an air-tight container, add a label and you’re done.
Mason jars make super cute containers for scrubs. I used an empty container I had saved from one of my previous scrubs for this project, but I’ve used mason jars for my scrubs in the past. If you like this recipe, you can check out another great scrub recipe here.
I hope you’ve enjoyed the recipe for this Frugal Gift Friday gift. I love this Peppermint Sugar Scrub! It smells so good, leaves your skin so soft, and is made with all natural ingredients. Do you realize you have less than two weeks to get ready for the Christmas holiday? Well, don’t waste any time! Head to the kitchen and get started on this awesome gift idea!
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil
- 2 Cups Cane Sugar
- 1 Tb. Peppermint Essential Oil
- Place the coconut oil in a bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds until it liquefies.
- Add the cane sugar to the melted coconut oil and mix well. You may need to adjust the sugar/oil ratio until you reach your desired scrub consistency.
- Add the peppermint essential oil to the mixture and stir well.
- Pour into an airtight container for storage.
- Use your computer to print out a custom label for your Peppermint Sugar Scrub. Use your gift to brighten someone's day!