Have you checked out the wooden section at your local craft store recently? Well, on a recent trip to AC Moore & Crafts I ran across the Manager’s Special – a wooden CD crate on sale for just $2.99. I admit it was an impulse buy, but I’m so glad I decided to bring it home with me so I could dress it up a little. Today I’m going to share with you how easy it was for me to create this Glammed Up Wooden CD Crate. This project can easily be completed in an afternoon, and there are so many ways you can use this cute crate once you’re done!
- Wooden CD Crate
- Scrapbook paper
- Mod Podge Matte Finish
- 4-1 in x 1 1⁄2 in Wooden Caps
- Sponge Brush
- Gold Metallic Paint (for caps)
- Gold metal label holder/plate
- Paint of your choice (for crate basecoat)
- Hot glue gun/glue stick
- Lightly sand the wooden CD crate and basecoat with a layer of paint in your chosen paint color.
- Cut strips of scrapbook paper to cover the sides of the crate. Use Mod Podge to adhere the scrapbook paper strips to the crate. Not sure how to Mod Podge? Check out my Laptop Tray Makeover post for instructions.
- Paint the wooden caps with the metallic gold paint.
- Once the crate and wooden caps are dry, use a hot glue gun to attach the wooden caps to the bottom corners of the crate.
- Attach the metal label holder/plate to the crate using the hot glue gun.
Now it’s time to admire your handiwork and decide how you will use your Glammed Up Wooden CD Crate. You could use this as a stylish desk organizer for your craft supplies. Maybe you will you it as a charging station for your electronics? Charging cords will easily slip through the wooden slats on these crates. This crate would also make a great gift. Just fill up your crate with goodies to give to family/friends for birthdays, holidays and other special occasions. There are so many possibilities!
Shared with: Pin Me Linky Party, Frugal Friday Link Up Party, Home Matters Linky Party, Funtastic Friday, Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party, What’d You Do This Weekend, Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop, Off the Hook Monday, Merry Monday, Made by You Monday, That DIY Party, Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party, Treasure Box Tuesday, Two Uses Tuesday, Titus 2 Tuesday, Do Tell Tuesday, Share It Link Party, Teach Me Tuesday, Create Link Inspire